Quality Inspector I
|Job Reports To:||QA Manager, Quality|
Quality Inspector will work in a controlled environment and will inspect medical devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Follows production drawings and procedures, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Be able to follow Quality and Manufacturing procedures for inspection purposes.
- Documents and informs other of any material issues for prompt corrective action
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in a jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Inspect incoming materials, components, sub-assemblies and final products.
- Performs other QA related functions collaboratively with Manufacturing such as assisting with DHR review, equipment calibration and PMs.
- Performs go/not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Assists QA with Document Control and training records as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions. Completes tasks in the agreed upon time.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in an effective manner.
Education and/or Experience - One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 1 year experience working under s controlled environment performing Quality Control or Quality Assurance Duties.
Language Skills - Ability to read and understand SOP's and manufacturing procedures . Ability to print and speak simple english sentences.
Mathematical Skills - Basic
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply good common sense to carry out mulit-step written or verbal instructions.
Computer Skills - Basic
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to use small hand tools (e,g. tweezers). The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; talk or hear and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Use of a microscope may be large component of this position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Walter Carrascal: email@example.com